Reagan Reindeers and a scarf FULL of love

Thursday, December 4, 2008





This Christmas season I am feeling crafty. I don't know what it is, but we literally go to Michael's every other day. Today's arts and craft project was one that Reagan was a big helper in. We made Candy Cane Reindeers for her friends at school. Reagan was in charge of handing off the antlers, eyes and noses. I glued everything on. It was soo much fun.


And the scarf, no, don't adjust your screens folks, the picture is just fine. It is the scarf that is a little, well, lumpy. I got it in my head that I can make scarves. We need scarves, I am bored in the evenings, money is tight, yarn is cheap. It was the perfect plan. Both my Marnie (mom's mom) and Grandma DeeDee (dad's mom) were wonders with yarn. When I was a kid I could crochet a single chain for hours. Apparently, I should have stuck with the single chain and just had Mike wrap that around his neck! I told him the lumps are all the extra love I put in it. I also told him to just wrap it around his neck and hide it under his jacket and no one will notice. I started one for Reagan in a nauseating bubble gum pink that she picked out. It actually is turning out way better than the first one. There really wasn't another direction for this project to go!

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Well, I guess you are really more like your Marnie and Grandma DeDe than your old mom. It just takes practice. The photos are great. Keep up the crafts with Reagan.
Love, JuJu

{becca alder} said...

haha I LOVE it! and the scarf is beautiful, made with love thats all that counts!
your next project: put up pics of your house already! I keep waiting to see a little post with your humble abode and its nowhere to be found!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

I think the scarf is cute! And I LOVE that you are being crafty!!! WAY TO GO! I totally agree with becs, i want to see pictures of your house...